Monday 1 October 2012

Trafalgar thoughts

Well our tour is over and so I thought I would sit and think about our experience.

Our tour guide Sigi was wonderful and as for our bus driver Jorgi... wow the places he can get that bus into is simply amazing.

Would I travel with Trafalgar again?
Yes definately.  Probably not with children as the tour group is very much an older age group and the kids (well Tasha) get sick of history and museums after a while.

Would I do this tour again?
This tour really is for people who want to get an idea of what this area has to show.  It is very fast paced.  There is lots of bus travel and very little actual sight seeing.  You get very short times in each place and travel a long way to get there.
The early starts are a killer - especially with four of us to get ready.

Having said that it was a simply wonderful trip - it is called a whirl and that is definately what it is but you fit soooo much into your time.  Not having to figure out travel plans and having explanations of local customs is so much easier.  Even simple things like where you find an ATM... how to find the toilet and how you pay for them.... how to order food etc.

Am I glad I did it?
Definately - I saw places I dreamt of seeing since I was young.  It has opened my eyes to new places and things I would like to go back and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment